If you are so lucky to visit my island Curaçao, here are my favorite places to visit for good food and music.
1. Monday’s at Cafe Restaurant de Heeren it is Salads at half price, for lunch or dinner. I love their Thai Beef salad. Comes in small or regular portion.
2. Tuesday’s it is at O’mundo, where you can start the evening with a nice dinner and stay for Juni Juliet, a great entertainer and singer.
3. Wednesday’s is for me sushi day at Craving Sushi, I go here for lunch. In the evening you can grab a movie, 2 for 1, at the Cinemas in the Renaissance Mall.
4. Thursday evening from 8-10 pm you can enjoy live Jazz at Blues at Avila Hotel with great musicians like Hershel Rosario and David Ronchi Matthews , who both played at Curaçao North Sea Jazz Festival. CNSJ is held at the end of August. Must see.
Before Jazz you can have dinner in the area of Penstraat where the Avila Hotel is, where you have a choice of good restaurants like Fishalicious, Pane e Vino, Seasons Restaurant, Batavia Club 1920 and Rozenendaels, where the tenderloin is always good.
5. On Friday you can hop from Happy Hour to Happy Hour, starting as early as 4.00 pm or stay in one area, for instance Pietermaai, and enjoy Happy Hour at Miles Jazz Cafe, from 5.30-6.30 and continue down the street to have dinner at Mundo Bizzaro, where they also have a Happy Hour from 5.30-6.30.
6. Saturday is for me the day I play golf. You can enjoy a round of golf at Old Quarry Golf Course at the Hyatt or at Blue Bay Curaçao. I play at Curacao Golf & Squash Club on Saturday afternoon, the course is then only open for competition.
7. On Sunday I’m winding down and chill out at home. You on the other hand could go for a trip to Klein Curaçao with Miss Ann Boat trips. In the evening I go dance salsa at Hemingway.
And then we start over again. Next time I can tell you about other wonderful places and things to do on Curaçao. You can check out activities at K-Pasa or Go Weekly.
These are a few of my favorite things, I hope you have a chance to enjoy them when you visit Curaçao or that you have enjoyed it now with this virtual visit to Curaçao.
Tell me your favorite things to do if you already have visited Curaçao. I’d love to here from you.